Let’s face it, there’s a lot we as preppers can do for free or cheap when it comes to preparedness. But ultimately, we do need a little bit of money to help float our prepping.
Many people live paycheck-to-paycheck and it may not be because you’re living out of your means but it’s just how the cookie has crumbled and it’s unavoidable for the moment.
The suggestions below are side hustles. But you never know, maybe they could become your main source of income one day! Work hard at it and whatever you do, make sure it’s something you enjoy, otherwise you’re never going to want to do it.
Here are 6 ways that we can earn money so that we can be better prepared:
- Use your car – If you have a vehicle, put it to work! Deliver food through UberEats or the other dozens of food delivery services. Drive people around through Uber or Lyft. Run errands for people. There’s a lot of possibilities when you have a vehicle.
- Sell goods online – Are you good at leatherwork? Enjoy making things out of paracord? Are you good at woodworking? Are you good at sewing? People love to buy creative, crafty things. You could even make survival kits. There may be some upfront cost with materials, but overall, this can be a viable way to make money if you’re good at something and enjoy doing it.
- Do odd jobs – There are a lot of odd jobs that people know how to do but maybe don’t want to or don’t have time to do it. Look at the boom of online grocery shopping. Everyone is capable of picking out their own groceries, but instead we’re paying someone else to do it for us. Put an ad on Craigslist advertising what type of jobs you’re willing to do.
- Sell your skills – Are you really good at writing? Voice acting? Design? Video editing? Audio editing? Website building? You could offer your services on places like Fiverr or you could offer them on Craigslist or on another freelancing site. Just remember that this could take some time to get gigs and you’ll really need to sell yourself.
- Walk dogs/house sit – I used to do this and made some nice extra cash. I joined a website like Care.com and began taking care of homes and pets. It was easy and fun.
- Resell – Love garage and estate sales? You can find some stellar deals and resell those items online for a good profit. This is a great weekend gig.
Some of these will require either some startup time or funds and you may not earn money ASAP with some of these options, but you should be able to earn money fairly quickly.
Earning extra income is really rewarding.
That extra money doesn’t have to go to prepping, it can go towards general life expenses.
There are plenty of other ways you can earn money online and off, some require a bit more dedication, time, energy and possibly skills. It just depends on how much investment you want to put into that side hustle.
What are some other side hustle ideas?
Conquer tomorrow, by preparing today!
Conquer Tomorrow by Preparing Today