What is a hard asset?
A hard asset is a tangible or physical item or a resource that you own.
Why should you invest in hard assets?
Hard assets can be traded, bartered or used for a variety of purposes. They will last long after intangible assets. They should be vast and offer diversity.
Here are the top 52 hard assets preppers should invest in:
- Precious metals such as gold and silver
- Water purification
- Ammunition; and reloading equipment
- Self-defense and security items
- Wood stove, propane stove, fans, etc.
- Alternative energy
- Hunting equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Medical supplies
- Fuel; gas, diesel
- Alternative communication, like ham radio
- Your home
- Toilet paper
- Pet supplies
- Printed documents
- Gas masks
- Sewing machine and fabric
- Building supplies
- Manual and electric kitchen tools
- Cast iron
- Canning supplies
- Candles and candle making supplies
- Fire starters and supplies
- Hygiene supplies
- Office supplies
- Sleeping bags
- Crafts, board games and entertainment
- Feminine hygiene products
- Paracord and other ropes
- Alternative cooking options, like Coleman stove
- Garden supplies
Community is probably your best asset. To barter and trade with, to get supplies and food that you can’t grow yourself and so on. Look to your community.
I’m sure the list could go on.
Take your time with this list. You don’t have to rush out and get all of this immediately. And there may be things you won’t want or can’t invest in and that’s ok!
You will want to look at a lot of these items for potential barter and trade, as well.
You don’t ever have to disclose that you have anything, these can be just investments for YOU.
You can also look at these items as something you’ll use only for certain circumstances.
If you feel you’ll find benefit from it and want to have it in your possession; that would be a hard asset. Anything you can hold.